Monday, September 29, 2008

Party Time!!!!

Yeah! We survived birthday week!! I usually do each of their birthdays individually but the last two years we've had one big party. Dacia's inlaws came up Wed. night, the 17th, on her birthday. Tom was on vacation and they brought Sarah, Jason's cousin, with them. We had the party on Fri. Thankfully I didn't have to work that day!! I cooked 3 chickens (the night before) and made 55 encharitas. We also had nacho dip, taco salad, Rotel cheese dip and also had a white cheese you could use. We had what we call Soppapilla Cheesecake for desert. I used to make them a cake apiece on their birthday but they didn't really care for it. Colin wanted Pumpkin Pie one year and we've done cheesecake and ice cream cake before too.

David's folks, his sister and her husband, my older sister and her daughter, son-in-law, grandson, son and daughter-in-law came as well as Colin's fiancee, Dacia's inlaws and Jason's cousin, Sarah. The weather was nice and we ate outside but it got dark and we came inside to open the presents. Arthur started a bonfire so after presents were opened some went out and sat by the fire. Valerie had brought some things for s'mores but I think most people were too full to make them though I think a couple did roast some marshmallows.


My birthday babies! :-)




My cute little great nephew!

1 comment:

Brenda Marquez said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Our "babies" will always be "babies" to us, won't they? I find myself calling Noel and Dafne "the babies", and at times referring to all seven of them (kids, son-in-law, almost son-in-law and Baby Wyatt) as my "babies"! Poor kids!

My Flag

My Flag
I got me another flag this year and David put it up for me the other day.